one sixteen calverly is a creative community studio space located in an old storefront in the Smith Hill neighborhood of Providence, RI. The building has previously been home to a machine shop, a fermentation supply shop & a creative learning center for pre-schoolers. The intimate studio space features a smooth heated wood floor, small galley kitchen, a hidden bunk for resting as well as an evolving urban landscape (soon to be oasis) in the back.
What is emerging* @ 116?
The studio @ 116 is home to an emerging array of offerings & invitations that revolve around creative community exploration, connection, wellbeing and expression, including:
- movement, meditation & interpersonal classes /workshops;
- client sessions & solo-retreats;
- rehearsals & performance; as well as
- other (shoe-free) creative community gatherings.
*emerge / emergent / emergence:
- from the Latin emergere meaning ‘bring to light’
- emerge: v., to come into being, to appear, to become known, to become important
- emergent: adj., arising as more than the sum of causes; cooperation of unlike kinds
- emergence: n., an entity with properties or behaviors that emerge only when the parts interact in a wider whole; characteristics include radical novelty, coherence, a property of “wholeness” and a process that is evolving.
emerging @ 116 = YOU
- You, the individual, emerging from old stories and habitual ways of moving and being in the world into authentic presence, deep ease and inspired (joyful) action.
- You, the collective, emerging from rigidity, blame and separation into authentic relationship, deep mutuality and inspired (joyful) community.
one sixteen calverly is creative space for YOU to come into being.
Note: one sixteen calverly aspires to be a welcoming and loving space for all humans. As a community, we recognize that this aspiration is a work in progress and takes intention, humility, kindness, commitment, vulnerability, a spirit of exploration and a willingness to make (and forgive) mistakes in service of individual & collective wholeness. Please reflect on your personal alignment with these values and intentions before (as well as during & after) making use of the space or taking part in offerings.